Joining the ASR league
Log in to KGS, join the “Advanced Study Room” (under lessons), and PM one of our ASR admins to join, the admin will then enroll you into the league. If none of us are online send as an offline message and we can action it when we get online.
To see who is in your class and check the results go to league results
- Add your class members to your buddy list, so it will be obvious when they are online.
- In addition to opening a game with the class in the info, send a PM asking opponents to play.
- If no-one is online, you can always send opponents a quick message to arrange a time to play.
- Don’t avoid stronger players – losing is worth 50% of a win, so more games is always positive.
Make sure you are familiar with the league rules
Important points for your games
- Games are all even with nigiri.
- Time controls between 25 and 45 minutes main time, and 5 x 30 seconds byo-yomi.
- You must write “#ASR League” in the first 30 moves of the game in the game chat.*
- To avoid players from outside the room challenging you, uncheck the “open list” box when you create a game.
- You can play each class opponent 2 times in any month.
- You get more points for playing people for the first time than for subsequent games.
- As a rule of thumb, you get half as many points for a loss as a win.
- Always offer to review at the end if you are the stronger player.
If you play 4 or more games you are placed in next months league!!
If you want to drop out let us know before the end of the month so we can prevent having non playing members in the next league.